Nonprofit organizations provide programs and services to meet our community’s most pressing needs. Many individuals are inspired to create change in their communities through establishing a nonprofit organization; however, starting a nonprofit is sometimes easier said than done.
This workshop is designed to help participants understand the many components of starting a nonprofit in order to be successful and impactful. During this workshop participants will learn how to discover and research a community need, what is required to become a nonprofit organization in Texas, build a solid foundation for success, and maintain compliance going forward.
In this workshop we will go over:
- Identifying and Isolating an Issue
- What to Prepare - Bylaws, Boards, and the Basics
- Risk Management: Legal, Accounting, and Insurance
- Assessing Your Readiness to Being a Nonprofit
- Process to Creating a Nonprofit