How I can help you
I can help you with challenges you face with technology, marketing, manufacturing or financial aspects of your business.
The following testimonial from a client clearly explains why we do what we do:
- I get brought back to center with focus
- I get a mini education in business
- I practice communicating my vision better
- I hear what/what does not resonate
- I’m pushed out of my comfort zone
- I am held accountable for steps
- I clarify my goals further
- I come away with new business ideas/opportunities to consider
- I come away with a list of action items
- I am reminded to take emotion out of the equation (i.e. "no crying in baseball” per Tom Hanks)
- I am reminded that there are genuine, good & successful people out there who care
I have over 40 years experience in the telecommunications industry. Starting out in the research and development area, I successively moved through positions in engineering, marketing, general management and senior officer positions with Nortel Networks.Thus I can help you in all aspects of management, technology, marketing, manufacturing and sales.
After this very rewarding career, I founded a new venture-financed company in Silicon Valley and went on from there as a senior executive and CEO in several telecommunications enterprises. Thus I have been through the "school of hard knocks" in starting a small business and am able to share my experiences, successes (and failures!) with you as you start on your new venture.
During both my "large company" and "small company" careers I have had the opportunity to be involved at the international level, particularly in marketing, and have been the lead initiator in several technology and corporate acquisitions or partnerships, both domestically and internationally. Thus, I can assist and advise you in any of these more challenging areas, if your business has the opportunity to grow through international development or acquisition.
In retirement I continue to challenge myself through other volunteer activities. In addition to sitting on the SCORE National Board of Directors, I am also a member of the volunteer docent staff at the Library of Congress, Past-President of the MIT Club of Washington, DC, and a volunteer tutor with the AAAS Senior Scientists and Engineers program, tutoring in eighth grade science classes. All of these activities have expanded my network in various areas which I find invaluable in connecting my SCORE clients with various resources in the area who can help them.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Business Operations
- Technology & IT Services
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Professional & Business Services
BASc - University of Toronto, 1962
SM - MIT, 1965
PhD - University of California, Berkeley, 1970