How I can help you
I can help clients by guidance in entrepreneurial management and growth strategies.
Business Strategy & Planning
Using established business planning formats provides guidance on a business vision, mission statement, and business operating policies and procedures.
Provide guidance, including decisions about starting or expanding a business, knowing how to finance a business, and understanding different legal structures.
To help ensure your business is on the road to a prosperous future, you’ll need to develop the right startup growth strategies. These detailed plans come together by combining your target market, value proposition, and goals.
Gia Alexander is a SCORE certified mentor and experienced business consulting professional. Her business management and consulting experience is the foundation of her ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization. She has served across multiple industries, including corporate, academia, and city government.
An experienced business advisor with the Fort Worth Business Assistance Center, she coached and counseled clients in face-to-face/one-on-one settings to start, maintain, and grow a small business. In addition, she delivered monthly classroom instruction for various small business topics.
- Facilitated Project New Beginnings Entrepreneurial Program. She provided instruction for 20-30 class participants during an 8-week session three times a year. The essential requirements included completing a formal business plan for a new venture and its presentation during the 8th-week graduation event hosted by Tarrant County College.
- Founded Mentoring in Motion Leadership Development Program designed to prepare customer care representatives for future management positions within AT&T. This successful program involved individual and team developmental assignments, mentoring, classroom and electronic education, shadowing assignments, reflective and other experiential exercises.
She is currently serving as an adjunct instructor at Tarrant County College, where she teaches general business and workforce development courses, bringing real-life examples to the classroom.
Community engagement includes Advisory Board member for The Fort Worth ISD 2020-2021 Vital Link Advisory Partners Council. Serving on an industry or career cluster-specific board with like-minded employers to guide educator/district decisions about establishing, operating, and evaluating programs that meet students’ needs and the workforce. The council meets a minimum of three times a year via a virtual platform.
Gia holds a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree and a Diversity certificate from the University of Texas, Arlington. And is currently pursuing an advanced graduate degree in management from the University of Texas, Arlington, focused on training and development, organization consulting, and research.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Real Estate, Rental & Leasing
- Professional & Business Services
- M.S. Management, University of Texas, Arlington
- B.S. Social Work (BSW) Summa Cum Laude, University of Texas, Arlington
- Diversity Studies Certificate, University of Texas, Arlington
- First-time Manager Certification, AT&T